Friday, October 17, 2008

Who is the TRUTH...

I am going to come back to the question: what if it really is intended to be that simple?, but for today I wanted to continue on the journey of TRUTH.

Through the last few posts, we have been seeking TRUTH, that which is considered to be the supreme reality and to have the ultimate meaning and value of existence. TRUTH is the thing that is deep within each of us.

I have gotten to the point where I believe that the TRUTH, and maybe the only TRUTH, is LOVE, an unconditional, selfless love.

So all of this is great, but what does this look like? Has anyone ever displayed this? Who could be the example of TRUTH? Being as I am a follower of Christ, I believe that Jesus is this example.

Jesus even describes this in the Gospel of John: Jesus answered, "I am the way and THE TRUTH and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6)

I believe that Jesus is the perfect example of LOVE. The whole purpose God sent His son was because God LOVED the world (John 3:16)

Jesus, not only through his life and work, but through his death exemplified the greatest LOVE; "greater LOVE has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13)

Maybe if each of us attempted to get beyond ourselves, to get beyond what other people think, to get beyond the unreal and shallow expectations we put on ourselves; and concentrate on LOVE, maybe the LOVE would change the world. If we could all concentrate on the thing that deep down inside each of us knows, desires to experience and give, the things that actually fulfills our every true need: LOVE, "..love uncontaminated by self-interest and counterfeit faith, a life open to God." (1 Timothy 1:5 MSG)

0 comments: